Mood allows you to hide some conversations and protect them with a code. It is useful to hide private or confidential conversations and protect them with a code.
Secret mode is free and can be activated in a conversation by pressing the conversation options (3 dots) and select "Secret mode". If not yet done, you will be asked to enter a Pattern or a digital code.
Be warned : if you loose this code, it will be impossible to access secret conversations (or restore them with backups) and the only way to change the code is to delete the Mood storage file in android settings (which will delete private conversation). Once moved to secret mode you conversation will disappear.
Display or hide a secret conversation
To display a private conversation there is 2 ways to do it:
- Select the contact in the contact list and enter the passcode/pattern (only possible if the contact of the secret conversation is available in the contact list)
- Or, long press on the write message icon at the bottom right and enter the passcode/pattern
3 . Long press on the write message icon at the bottom right to hide them (or use the secret parameters to automatically hide them the closing Mood for instance)
Make a conversation not secret
To remove a conversation from secret mode, open the secret conversation, select the conversation options (3 dots) and select "Remove from Secret mode".
If you don't want to loose your conversation, you have to move it to not secret if you plan to delete Mood storage files or uninstall Mood.
Secret mode option
You can open the secret mode option by long pressing on the write message icon at the bottom right. Tap on the "Secret Mode Settings" and enter your passcode/pattern.
For there you can customise the secret mode to you likings, and for instance
- Change the password/Pattern
- Enable finger print scanner
- Modify the notification sound, vibrations
- Hide or disable the message contents in the notifications
- Automatically hide the secret conversations when quitting Mood
- Hide secret contacts (contacts involved in secret conversations won't be displayed in the contact list)
- And more