Most Android phones intelligently switches from WiFi to Mobile data when you send or receive a MMS and then switches back to WiFi when the MMS job is done. But, for some users even that fails and their device just leaves them with “Message Download Failed” upon receiving a MMS while connected to a WiFi network.
Not all carriers support MMS/SMS over WiFi. If not, then you will need to leave mobile data on to receive MMS. MMS over Wifi is a RCS feature and is currently not yet supported by all carriers and neither Mood.
1. If you have issue to download your MMS with Mood you can try the following :
- Check you still have data available and it is enabled
- Disable dual sim mode if you only have one sim inserted
- Set data roaming options to "on" (in Android settings AND Mood options SMS/MMS>MMS tab) and selected "use cellular data" for limited wifi connectivity in phone settings.
- Go to phone settings > network & internet > then click on Mobile network (name) > there is an option for MMS messages to send/receive when mobile data is off.
- Check the APNs in Settings>SMS/MMS then MMS tab
- Go to Settings>SMS/MMS then MMS tab and check the "Disable wifi while sending or downloading MMS" option to force the mobile to use Mobile data to download the MMS.
- In Android list of apps > Mood > Permissions then make sure the Phone permission is given (also called "READ_PHONE_STATE" used to get the mms config) to be able to send and receive MMS.
- Try with your WIFI completely turned off (reference here : https://piunikaweb.com/2020/10/24/heres-why-sending-receiving-mms-on-wifi-doesnt-work-for-many-android-users-in-us-as-well-as-some-workarounds/)
- Try with a different User Agent in Settings>SMS/MMS then MMS tab
- Try with "Mobile data always active" switched to ON in the developer options of the phone (Press 10 times on the build number in phone info to activate developer option)
- Reboot the phone once or several time to force a sim configuration with the network.
2. If Mood display an expiration date but you are unable to download the MMS, it may be due to a APN configuration issue please check the following links:
- For One+ devices or with Verizon:
3. If it downloads the pictures but you can't locate it, please refer to this article.
We invite you to re-check that there is no warning in Mood in the "Assistance" and "Notification" settings. In particular, allow Mood to run in the background and not be paused by Doze mode.In order to allow Mood to run in the background, I also invite you to consult https://dontkillmyapp.com which provides all the necessary procedures for different manufacturers.